Updated: Feb 26
You see stories and reels about people paying off their mortgages, and every time, you think to yourself, how in the world did they do that?
With 37% of U.S. households living mortgage-free, it’s more common than you think and within reach for most homeowners — especially if you're locked into following one (or all) of these mortgage paydown tips:
1) Make biweekly payments instead of monthly. This will help you pay off an extra month's worth of payments each year.
2) Round up your payments. Every little bit counts, and this can add up over time.
3) Make extra principal payments whenever you can. This will reduce the overall amount of interest you pay.
4) If interest rates drop, refinance to a lower interest rate. This can save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
5) Consider a shorter loan term. While this may mean higher monthly payments, you'll pay off your mortgage faster and save on interest.
Visit my website for more information about the real estate market.