top of page

Do You Need a Specialized Real Estate Agent?

If you have started a search for a real estate agent, you might have already realized that most agents tout themselves as experts on a type of property they typically work with—local experts, lakefront experts, luxury condo experts, etc. There are times when working with a specialized agent with advanced designations is important.

The National Association of Realtors® offers advanced designations to help consumers choose

the right agent for their needs. Here are just a few certifications that address unique


• Military Relocation Professional – (MRP): These specialists have been trained on

benefits and programs available for military families, and have expertise in VA funding.

• Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource – (SFR): Navigating the lender requirements for selling a distressed property requires expertise. These agents have been trained to help homeowners in these situations.

• Green Designations – (GREEN): A GREEN agent can offer information about sustainable building, restoration, remodeling, and energy efficiency standards.

• Accredited Buyer’s Representative – (ABR): Agents with this designation have learned how to offer homebuyers superior service.

• Certified Residential Specialist – (CRS): This is the highest credential awarded to

residential agents and guarantees a high level of experience.

• Seniors Real Estate Specialist – (SRES): Agents with this specialized certification are specially equipped to help senior citizens with their real estate needs.

• Real Estate Negotiation Expert – (RENE): This certification means the agent has taken negotiation classes with NAR and has passed advanced technique training.

Not everyone needs a real estate specialist, but these National Association of Realtors® specialized certifications can help you find the right agent for your unique needs.

6 views0 comments


Rated 0 out of 5 stars.
No ratings yet

Add a rating
bottom of page